Skip to main content

The house progressing 16/09/18

The house is progressing now and we enter into week 6 tommorow but so much has changed for the better for our family. It has been so much easier to have a home which is a little more Minimalistic as there is less to manage. What I have found is that we have so much we don’t even touch and this is what clutters a house .Do you have a clutter cupboard or draw or draws ? You know that draw that overflows with things dated from 10 years ago and you don’t know why you have it !!!!
Most days have been super busy with a hype of people in and out ...different trades doing their thing. My original plans of of an industrial space is not really turned out lick that although I would still love to have a mural with a geode on. Our issue is what wall does this go on ? am I making the right decision about my choice of mural. It’s strange how along the way something happens and how one wall colour can have an impact. The paint colour is Goose wing but there was a whole selection of colours to choose from but I had in my mind a grey that wasn’t to dark like battleship grey but something that wasn’t to white with a tint of grey . It makes you wonder how many types of colours and types of greys. The colour of the paint reflects the light especially as the floor is lighter and because many people go for darker wood floors. It’s down to preference really but I was trying to create a nice family space that was light and airy. The tiles in the kitchen area look fabulous and also go great with the style of the room and we have always wanted brick type tiles . Jay chose the tiles type and I chose the way they went up so it was either normal way  or staggered. I liked the staggered effect it reminded me of the London homes you see with that Victorian style.
We hit a problem last night though as jay and Caleb manouvered our huge table into our compact space and it was just so out of place to the room. I then felt I had lost that streamline view we had looking towards the kitchen. I was very worried about not having to much in the room and feeling we couldn’t have our book shelf  which each shows our interests.
I had been buying books a few months before as I imagined the space and sitting with a book 📚 with the light shining in . I would like to read more because I think it will give me another hobby at home as I tend to fixate on games that have a life simulation and strategy games to make me think a little more . I like fortnite both types but especially play the save the world game, even though I’m 49 ....don’t laugh 😂 😂 I can see you all thinking why does she play that ...well it helps with boredom for a start .  It helps to release my inner issues that sometimes rears it’s ugly head and it helps with my tics that happen more when I feel stressed. I like other games like fantasy games that helps keep the child within. For example  Elder Scrolls is full of mythical things and wonderful graphics.  I think we are a gaming family to be honest and we have been for a long time . We like to play a game together and it helps fuse the family and generally creates very much laughter. We all  like different games but there is something for everyone.
Back to the house there is still things to be done ...flooring in the hall , kitchen flooring  (part of ) , downstairs bedroom flooring. The kitchen needs plugs put in properly when the electrician returns , extractor hood in the bathroom needs changing, part orf the bathroom unit needs to be fixed. The decking has been started but for the weekend the chap put a board on it so we could use it. The boarding will be done during the week. Then we need to decide what side of the wood to have as the final decking. One side of the wood is much more grainy and the other with vertical strips and less grainy. The decking area already has new rattan furniture , so it’s nice to have that extension of space from the house it’s like bringing the outside in.
The flooring is wonderful and is very easy to wash and deal with on a day to day basis plus the area is smaller and cosy which makes it more comfortable . Jay has an easier time with less clutter in the house during the time I’m having bad days which can happen so much.
It’s difficult for me that I’m so restricted with my health but at least the house is nice and that gives me more positivity as I spend all my time at home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I havnt written for sometime and feel this need to do a year catch up

This year has been the busiest year but we have met some wonderful people along the way . Jay became Mayor in may of last year 2017 -2018 so it’s been so busy and our schedule as a couple has increased. My fatigue has been very much out of control and I have had to rest to maintain my energy. Generally I just needed to pace myself and take time out and rest occasionally. My health has increasingly been frustrating but it’s one of those things . I get up and start the day and think for that day but it’s always with a struggle but most days I have to stay positive . I will give an update of events that we have undertaken throughout the year which will be interesting to see written down. In the morning when I can access the diary I will begin to make a list.. I tend to write and think better very early hours of the morning and my thoughts are much clearer. I’m not very good with noise and background sound so it’s much easier to be a peace and write through the night. This year for our fam

Our visit this year to Szentendre our twin town

We had the good fortune with my Husband and I being Mayor and Mayoress of the town to be invited to our twin town called Szentendre. Szentendre is in Hungary and is a really beautiful and very scenic and picturesque town and has a real magic about it . It is grand in style and very majestic in style and class in every shape and form. This majestic town sits near the Danube which is surprisingly wide and just beautiful. The town has cobbled streets and tiny alleys that look like something out of a magic book. There is always something to do and it’s the city of art and has a colony of artists. 162 artists live in the town of Szentendre and when being there I could understand why . The town can look the same but different in respect of natural lighting.  There are many little places to eat and visit some great museums and galleries. Each artist is so different and there prospective of arts is so different. Some artists sit on the street and paint whilst some also do caricature drawings w

Weekend

Well the weekend has been nice and a little calmer than it’s been but it’s still unsettled as the house still needs to finished and we are into the 6 th week. Jays dad is coming over for dinner and we have our granddaughter as my daughter has gone to Alton towers and you know what there like . I never remember going places like my daughter and not having my kids with me. The kids become important and they come before me . As you may know we have 4 kids ....3 daughters and one Son . Our son is the only one that lives at home with us and the girls have there own lives. My granddaughter Evie-mae is having a great time today playing minecraft and singing Ed sheeran songs. Today the flooring chap was supposed to arrive to latex the floor ahead of this Monday. We have waited all morning and it’s now 12.15 but he hasn’t arrived yet . So all that emptying the room and moving the virgin server box has caused our internet to stop working which brought the house to a melt down. We have to wait n